Goals: This safety session should teach employees to:
- Recognize the hazards and symptoms of working in heat
- Reduce risks of working in hot temperatures and respond to danger signals
Heat exhaustion can occur when you are in hot environments and fail to take in enough fluids, salts, or both. And even worse, this can lead to a life threatening condition called heat stroke.
Heat stroke happens when the body fails to regulate its core temperature. At this point, the body stops cooling itself through perspiration and can't get rid of excess heat. The end result can be death if the body temperature isn't lowered!
This module also includes:
- Avoid Illness When You Work In the Heat
- Working in the Heat Quiz & Answers
- Certificate of Training Completion
- Attendee roster