Goals: This safety session should teach employees to:
- Be aware of the fact that hazards exist, even in a seemingly safe office environment.
- Understand that many accidents can be avoided with good housekeeping.
- Know how to prevent ergonomic injuries.
OSHA estimates 40,000 office workers sustain disabling injuries each year, and that 200 of these injuries are fatal. In addition, there are countless cases of back injuries, bruises, and skin rashes that are not reported. Many of them because they are not considered a direct result of unsafe office environments. Office safety is an important aspect of workplace safety and should not be considered trivial. The leading causes of disabling office accidents are slips and falls, strains, overexertion, falling objects, and workers striking objects or being caught in or between objects. Other hazards include electrical equipment, wiring, and fires.
This module also includes:
- Office Safety Do's & Don'ts Checklist
- Office Safety Quiz & Answers
- Certificate of completion checklist
- Attendee roster